The Testing Center maintains computerized test scoring services (ZEUS) for faculty.
ZEUS exams administered in class and brought to the Testing Center will produce online reports of scores and other test data. The data may be received in either HTML or Excel format. Statistics supplied include percentile (for each score), number right, number wrong, scores and sub-scores, number of items graded, number omitted on Key, number obtaining each different raw score and the corresponding percentile, mean, standard deviation, and number and percent responding to each choice of each item.
Faculty, upon submission of tests, are required to uniquely identify their test by a combination of Course Sort (Schedule Number/Class Number) and Date.
The following are the required answer key fields relating to the creation of both online and printed data. These are located on the red ZEUS TEST SERVICE – INSTRUCTOR FORM.
NAME: User’s last name, first initial and middle initial
COURSE SORT NO.: same as “Schedule Number” or "Class Number" for the current semester. This number can be found by going to the SFSU home page / Academics / Student Resources / Class Schedule. (NOTE: If your schedule number is only 4 digits you MUST enter a 0 in the first field)
DATE: This is usually the date of the test.
The Course Sort Number (Schedule Number) and the Date, uniquely identify this test and are required to run the ZEUS report.
The instructor may also obtain a report of student scores, a statistical analysis of the test characteristics, and an itemized analysis of the individual questions and their interrelationship. Services are provided within three working days of submission of the test to the Testing Center.
Online Access to Scores:
Score reports will be viewable online to faculty by following these steps:
- Sign into SF State Gateway
- Under Faculty and Staff, select Class Services
- Select the semester under Prerequisite Roster, and click "Go"
- Select desired options on the ZEUS menu then select the "Request ZEUS Test Report" button.
ZEUS Instructor Form (Answer Key)
May be obtained from Testing Services at the One Stop in the Student Services Building.
ZEUS Student Form
Is purchased by students in the SFSU Bookstore.
NOTE: Scantron forms will NOT work with the Zeus test scoring program.
Student Online Access to Scores:
Depending on the choices made by faculty on the key sheet, students may now retrieve, through their SF State Gateway, one of three types of reports.
- The basic report, generated by choosing “Scores” on the Key sheet will include scores, sub-scores, scoring formulae, mean, percentile and standard deviation.
- If choosing the “Responses” option on the Key, students will be able to view a columnar display of their responses to the test questions, identified by an adjacent columnar list of the test item numbers.
- If choosing the “Scored Responses” option, they will receive the “Responses” report (above) along with an additional adjacent column indicating the correct answer to the question and a fourth column headed “Was your answer correct?”.
Students with incorrect identifying information on their answer forms (Course sort, Student Number) will not be able to view test results through their SF State Gateway. Also, please note, faculty wishing to limit disclosure and sharing of data relating to test questions and their correct answers should probably use option #1.
Students seeking test results should:
1) Sign into their SF State Gateway (Not their student center)
2) Under "Student", click on "Academics"
3) Select "Test Score Report"
Please inform us of any problems you encounter when using the system or changes you would like to see in the reporting of scores and other test data. You can inform the front desk staff or send your suggestions by email to email@example.com.
In order to view and print the ZEUS Manual, you will need to get Abobe Acrobat Reader software. It's simple to download the FREE software by following a few easy steps at this site: Acrobat Family